Monday, February 26, 2007

I was out walking through the neighborhood earlier this evening, as I have done the past few evenings. The time was approaching 10:30, if I recall correctly. Quite dark.

The mutli-street jaunt was going quite well, the evening rather quiet. As I neared the bottom of a hill before ascending the other side... the street around me was suddenly lit with a bluish-white light. My first thought was that a car was coming down the hill behind me, so I moved to the side of the road to stay out of the way, and I happened to look up at the sky as I did.

I saw something bright moving across the sky through the trees. A plane. The thought that followed on the heels of that one was that it was far too bright to be the lights on a plane, and the light was too close and moving FAR too rapidly for it to be a plane. And there was no sound. My next thought was that its movements resembled a bird more than a plane. But most birds are not equipped with very bright lights. Or if they were, they surely would not have been able to move that fast so burdened down.

Hmm, I thought. Maybe I just imagined it. Light reflecting off something. Who knows.

Hmm, I thought again. But the light was not from a car, for there WAS no car behind me. And for a car to illuminate the road where I was it would have had to be coming DOWN the hill towards me. And no car was, nor had been, nor was there any place for such a vehicle to turn off. The sound of a such a vehicle was absent as well.

Now that my brain was firing on a few more cylinders than normally required for just a walk, I realized there was something odd about the light that up until now I had assumed was from a car, and conjured up again the image of the light on the ground which I had just seen scarcely a few moments ago.

There had been shadows of branches in the light cast upon the road.

Therefore logically the light HAD come from the sky.

Knights of Columbus!

What HAD I seen? I am sure it was no plane. Nor a shooting star. A shooting star could possibly account for what I saw in the sky but NOT the light on the ground. Whatever it was, it was quite bright and moved quite fast.

I leave the drawing of conclusions to you, dear readers.


For L and MB.... later homes. (physical representation of said greeting ensues)....... ( oww, now my chest hurts)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you were being visited by God...or a ghost...whichever makes you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Reads like a book, btw.

Mary-Beth said...

I have so many comments I want to make on this so I'll just randomly list some. ;) And it will bring much controversy with ya'll two about your number of comments...hehe.

IT WAS A KILLER RABBIT! or...many. The Easter Bunny.
YAY for Sammi! just don't beat your chest too hard, tarzan.
the writing is awesome...as always...

okie I think that's all...lol

Anonymous said...

IT WAS A BUNNY RABBIT!!! Gosh why cant you just believe us. A hopping bunny rabbit. Also, I'm so proud that you have finally embraced your inner black man. Or woman...no man. TAT!

Mary-Beth said...

sounds like my amazing encounter with the voice in the park....hmmm. maybe that was a killer rabbit too! oh no!

Sarah said...

i think you may have been smoking too much hash man. you're seeing things!

what's this about rabbits? are these battery operated devices or fuzzy furry forest friends?