Wednesday, February 21, 2007

late night GA

yesterday. was too tired to write this last night. now got to remember it all. it starts around 7:30pm, where the fun start. the rest of the day was ho-hum, the everyday stuff that you can read about on other blogs. we don't write about that stuff here. not that what we do is amazing, just that if you want to read what we ate for breakfast you can go to myspace. there are thousands of people there writing on just that topic.

so here we are, it's 7:30. josh and sam are playing pool. the air smells like smoke because it IS smoke. we're in bailey's bar and pub, which to me should be the same thing, but I don't get to choose the name. 2 middle aged men play at the pool table next to us, smoking cigars larger then hotdogs. the waitress is friendly, later I'll find out that they all are. bailey's has got a good staff there.

we're hear for one of our favorite vices. not drinking, nor smoking, nor pool. not even women. we're here for poker. of course. why else would we leave the sanctuary of josh's room, the welcoming fumes which come billowing out when you open the door. home for now. we've left there because there's a poker game going on, and we want in.

at 8 we're seated, there's barely enough room for the approximately 130 people sitting to play poker. there's no room to move, not that you need to. focus on the table that's all. from time to time I look for the others, josh is sitting at a table over my right shoulder, looking very serious. I can't find sam, tho I late spot him 2 tables to my right. can't see how he's doing yet. I start off fine, build up some chips, feeling good. good, but too excited. my 2nd time to play live, I can't stop my knee from bouncing. I hope the table can't see it. the young lady to my left often looks to her husband for help. she seems nice, if a bit too timid for the game. her husband annoys me, tho I shouldn't let it bother me. he's non-stop talking, saying he knows what I have, and when I have it. sometimes he guesses right, sometimes not. I know he doesn't know, but I can't seem to block his ramble out. doesn't bother me too much tho.

I'm out now. it's been probably 30 minutes. maybe 45. I lost track. I can't remember when we started. or what time it is now. I was the first out of the 3. my play wasn't' what it should have been. I'll learn and won't do it next time. sam and josh are still playing. I'm going for a walk, and to get some food out of the car.

we're down to 2 tables. I've been back and watching for about an hour. only 3 people get paid. not money tho, just bar money for baileys. we're not playing for the prize, just the win.
sam's out. 15th. his AK vs T8. the girl hit a straight. that burns a bit.
josh is out a bit later. 12th. forget what he had. good showing by both of them tho.

we're heading to a diner. a classic one, like you see in pictures. inside we go to the far left side, and our waiter comes. I have water, sam and josh get coffee. we order, just a milkshake for me tho. he repeats my order to me, a milkshake right? yes. 10 minutes later the food comes for josh and sam. our waiter confirms I wanted a chocolate milkshake. I say yes. another 5 minutes, he brings me water, and them coffee. assures me that the milkshake is on the way. finally it comes out, over flowing. it's his first one. he's new. taste pretty good tho. sam trying to hide laughter. I look behind me to see why. and regret it. there's a woman that's the better half of a african elephant. the back half, if you were wondering. I'd say she was walking away from us, but I'm not sure you can call it walking. I look away before she sits down, I can't stand to see what the will happen to the chair.
we order dessert. it's cheesecake. I love cheesecake. chocolate moose. :P I know, it's not moose. but if I want to call it moose, it's my right to misspell words on my own blog. we asked the waiter how big the pieces were and he shows us with his hands. only he keeps making it bigger. apparently the piece grows while we eat it. it comes and he was right. it's 4 inches tall. well, maybe not that big but close. quite huge. I eat as much as I can, but can't take much at all. sam eats most of it, not sure how tho. we're all full.
I ate too much. the food earlier, while I was waiting for sam and josh, plus my appox. 14 glasses of water, plus my milkshake, plus a quarter of sams cheeseburger, plus a few fries, plus some of the cheesecake. I walk to the door, and almost throw up. stupid me. another day. more new experiences.

9 comments:

Andy said...

ok, so everyone and their dog says sams better at writing then me. so while y'all are at it, just hit me full on. what exactly should I do different? do I need ot let sam blog our trip? if you answer yes then don't ever read the blog again. I hate you.

Anonymous said...

love,
you are an AMAZING writer. I feel like i'm actually there, playing poker (even though i can't), eating, throwing up with you - you should write a book.

Tasha said...

Oh Andy, just shut up and keep writing. ;)

Anonymous said...

well I hate you too

Joshua said...

And by our favorite vices, he means his favorite vices.

Anonymous said...

Nah, don't have him blog the whole thing, I like seeing both of you write. You each tell things differently, so it's nice to hear things from different perspectives.

I'm sorry about the poker game, that sucks neither of you make it to the top three, but I'm sure you'll have a few more chances on your adventure!! :D What a rude guy trying to throw you. I hope you see him again and spank his ass.

End of personal comments. If you are really interested on what you do while typing that Sam doesn't, here's a quick observation. If not, stop reading.:p

The difference between you and Sam is this, Anz. (Fictational sentence, just to show you the differences. You used to not type this way, too much MSN methinks ;)

Andy:

today we went to a place tho i can't remember what its called. played poker. lots of it. then some more. until 3am.

Sam:

Today we went to a place, though I can't remember what it was called. We played some poker, a lot of it, and kept playing until 3am.

The main differences between you two is Sam starts every sentence off with a capital letter and he uses the comma more than the period. He also doesn't take many word shortcuts that I've seen. Like the word 'though.' I think that you tend to write how you are thinking without worrying about paper grammar rules, and there's nothing wrong with that socially unless it's a paper or something important that you are writing. :)

Anonymous said...

deppsy demands more writing. apple pie wouldn't hurt while you're at it...

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh Sarah...I do love ya! Andy my dear...You know that I have to agree with Sarah on the grammar and proper sentence structure as the main difference in yours and Sam's writing. Although, I do prefer to read your blogs because I know you, whereas I don't know Sam at all. But his style is easier to read, particulary for us old school, older types who had it ingrained in us in school, and didn't have forums or MSN or cell phone texts to corrupt the proper writing techniques. But, I still prefer you! ;)

Sarah said...

there is absolutely no difference between ya'lls writing styles because you both bore the crap out of me! :P j/k =D

sorry, i'm feeling silly and giddy today. must be the incredibly beautiful weather...it's intoxicating!