Monday, February 12, 2007

prep work

packed today. and yesterday. but more today. short notice as we're leaving tomorrow. oh well. sam said we should put the food and ice chest in the back seat so we could eat on the road. I disagree, suggesting if it's in the trunk then we're forced to stop to eat...and seeing as we're in no rush to get anywhere, a reminder to take our time should help. sam thinks about this, and announces he has a better idea. he says we should put the food and ice chest in the trunk, so we'll be forced to stop to eat. I decide to let him get away with this.

as always, I'm writing in the middle of something. we've just stopped for food for a going away party tonight. (somewhat small, I think it's gonna be like 8 people or something.) walmart is especially busy at this time on a sunday. and unusually happy. usually I find walmart kinda depressing. today there are people laughing, and smiles everywhere. but then again, it's not unexpected, it IS the Lord's day today. ;) I almost laughed out loud at a girl that looked to be about 7 years old. she was extremely busy talking on her headset for her cell phone. starting a bit young, but what do I know.

as we're leaving tomorrow, I have been thinking alot about our trip and what we'll need, what we'll do and so on. but while I've had plenty of thoughts, I haven't had so many feelings. for some reason my thoughts and emotions are separate on this issue. could be a good thing tho. not sure. nevertheless, the only feeling that has fought it's way to the outside is a slight sense of apprehension. there's so much unknown I can't help it. but I think that's what life is all about so I'm not put off by it.

got to run now. or rather, knowing me, amble...I never run. there's things to do, food to prepare. people to see. and so on.


here's a quote I've been thinking on. if you have any thoughts on it let me know.

"How is it possible to feel nostalgia for a world I never knew?" -The Motorcycle Diaries

4 comments:

Amy Bushatz said...

Congrats on the roadtrip ... dont know if this was inspired by "Through Painted Deserts" but it reminds me of it ... have fun and I shall live through you.

Anonymous said...

Hullo. I've already told Sam this, but you guys are welcome to stop in/by/etc. when you make it to the DC area. I have two couches, one more comfortable than the other, so you can either wrestle for it, or let me choose who gets which one... mwhahaha.

Mary-Beth said...

yay for your trip! it sounds like so much fun...keep posting at the speed of light...or should I say, *start posting at the speed of light. hehe.

Sarah said...

sheesshh will you guys just go ahead and leave already! :P