Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First Leg

Well, we finally managed to get out of lufkin around 1:30, amidst a torrential downpour. But packing the car in such weather ended up with everything just thrown in where it could fit. But at least we didn't forget anything. That we know of yet.

Here's a video we made as we were leaving Lufkin.




So we made it up through the great state of arkansas and into tennessee. The whole trip from Lufkin to Memphis only took about 8 hours. not too bad, considering Yahoo Maps said it would take like 11:10. But what do they know.

Stayed up late talking to Jim and Marilyn, and their next-door neighbor Keith. They're interesting folk. Should be here a day or two, then heading to Atlanta.



NOTE: Andy says to remind all kids not to talk when you're eating. Very rude.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I was going to say (before I saw the note) that Andy should NOT be eating and talking at the same time. Horrible, absolutely horrible. :P

Anonymous said...

Not all who wander are lost...but some of them are.

Seriously, this does not bode well. You guys are gonna get bored.

Sarah said...

yeah you really shouldn't eat like a pig and try to talk at the same time...not very attractive...no it's not! :P

Mary-Beth said...

mannn...now whenever I have a camera in front of my face I'm going to have to resist the terrible urge to EAT! It's going to happen all the time!
Sammi...about that driving...have funn! lol

Andy said...

ok ok, enough about the eating. I get it. I wasn't thinking. now forget it ok? gosh.

Anonymous said...

I quite admired your hair Andy. Thought it was beeyooteefull! ;)
Your brother reminds me of James VanderBeek--you know the dude from Dawson's Creek--I just watched an episode of Criminal Minds where he plays a split-personality serial killer. Not saying your brother reminds me of a serial killer! But between the facial hair and the accent, there are definite shades of James in there. And I didn't even notice the other thing everyone's talking about. Not at all! :)