Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Update directly below

sorry for lack of updates. I was hoping to guilt sam into writing. didnt' work. so it's up to me.

the last hurrah. we're on our way out of DC. we've spent over 2 weeks here. nice place. you should visit some time.

Saturday was the first day of the annual Cherry Blossom Festival here in DC. all the trees have begun blooming, and everyone comes out to see it. we went and walked by the White House on out way to the Mall where everything was happening. the White House really isn't that big. kinda small really. and it's off-white. look it up. it's true.
around the Washington Monument they were holding the Kite Thingie, (not real name,) where all the millions of kites gather every year to catch up. they were having fun. pretty cool. you can see pics in our flickr, which I'll link at the bottom of the post. some of the kites are so tiny it makes it look like your screen is dirty. ignore this. or try and clean your screen. for the next 3 hours.

then we walked to....somewhere...it'd be cool for me to tell you...quite awesome really. but I can't. cause I don't remember. but on the way we watched some soccer games going on. for the Berry Blossom Cup. fun. soccer. good.

then we came home, dropped a few things off, left again, and went and ate "mexican". I put it in quotation marks cause what they call mexican food is not mexican food. it was good tho. just not mexican. I don't know what it was.

that pretty much wrapped up that day. lots of good pics in the flickr. oh, and we found an R2-D2 mailbox. I just saw them on yahoo's front page a few days ago, and then we found one. nerdy I know. but cool.

last night, my last night in DC, Liz and I went out to Hard Times Cafe. it's at the Clarendon stop on the Metro. right outside the station. go there. it's got chili. really good chili. all sorts. on all things. it was really good.

and it was just Liz and I going cause Sam is sick. was sick yesterday and is sick today. so that's not good.

and now we're leaving. heading to NY. hope to get there by 4. kinda miss rush hour, but doubtful. really we won't. oh well.

PICTURES

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT AN R2-D2 MAILBOX!!! STEAL IT FOR ME!!! :P

*hugs and kisses to samster* uhhh some for you too, andy, but more for sam cause he's sick.

Anonymous said...

Uhoh.... as soon as Jared hears about that R20D2 mailbox he's going to want one.

Jessica said...

ah! loved the pics!!! yall are too funny!

Sarah said...

i don't really think ya'll are on any road trip. i think you're just photoshopping yourselves into pictures with famous landmarks. i really think you're hiding out in Huntington goofing off! :-P

Anonymous said...

Good times. Thoroughly enjoyed having you guys here.