Tuesday, March 27, 2007

they're monsters!

so many simple things please me. and terrify me. before visiting DC I'd never seen the fearsome "Black Squirrel". that's right people. they look much like ordinary squirrels. but they're black. and fearsome. and ferocious.

here's a brief clip of them.




when I first encountered them I was on Liz's balcony trying to enjoy the sunrise. I noticed across the parking lot an elderly lady out walking. as she walked down the sidewalk one of the black squirrels leaped into her path and confronted her. standing barely a foot in front of her it stared her down. after what seemed like hours it lost interest and moved one. a close call to be sure. the woman was visibly relieved and hurried to get back in the safety of her house. that happened just 2 days ago, and is completely true.

if you come across these monsters DO NOT PROVOKE THEM. I remembered a terrifying story about these black squirrels and lucky for you, found it again. here it is:


http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4489792.stm


that's all I have. I hear rumor that there might be killer rabbits in the parking lot as well. I think I caught sight of them last night. I'll be leaving in just a few minutes to stake-out the parking lot again. wish me luck.

7 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

you were right. I did likey. very much.

Sarah said...

black squirrels...never knew such a thing exsisted. nice theme music!

Anonymous said...

hah! Cracking up... nice.

Amy Bushatz said...

could that video shake more?!

Jessica said...

haha! i remember reading the russian killer squirrel thing and being very worried.

Unknown said...

Ronnie is quite surprised to see that you two saw a sunrise... He was doubtful that it was the same two people that stayed with us ;) I told him I thought that either Liz woke you up, or else you stayed up all night.

Andy said...

sara, first of all, it was only me. sam was sleeping. and secondly, I had in fact been up the whole night. y'all are right, we don't get up taht early.