Friday, March 9, 2007

Alabama 2

Alrighty then. since Sam told the first part of the story it's up to me to tell the second. tho I don't use all the flowery language he does, it's the same info so deal with it. :P

Saturday morning, 11am. I wake up to Sam telling us it's a few minutes after 11 and that checkout ended at 11. we get out of there in about 2 minutes flat without any trouble. there's supposed to be a lunch group meeting at Silvertron. I think. it was something like that. it was an interesting place. our poor server had first 8 of us, and then steadily more until there were like 25 ppl trying to sit at one table. and then 2. I had rob sitting across from me, and beside him there was a young lady that I hadn't been introduced to yet. (later found out her name was Emily.) of course with so many people there are conversations going on all over the place so my attention is wandering. and then from across the table I hear "goulet". now if you don't know what that is then go get yourself educated. start with "Ferrell" and work from there. anyway, I did a double-take of course. not only do I never hear anyone outside my family say that, it was also Emily that said it, and I don't know one woman that is willing to use that term. needless to say, I was very impressed.

from there we headed over to the church even tho we still had a few hours to go. it was an pretty cool ceremony, short and sweet. wasn't quite my type as the pastor liked to add a bit of preaching into the service. and I hate that. if you go to marry people then marry them. preaching can be done on later dates. and those of you who disagree can take it up with me another time.

downstairs was there reception. they had approximately 26 cakes down there. tho I didn't count to be sure. simply amazing. we also noticed a suspiciously shaped gift for the bride and groom. I think it was a broomstick...I think it's best not to ask..let's just say I've never seen that side of Katy.

and there were delightful conversations and happenings that followed, too numerous to describe. there were some particularly interesting discussions with Toni, Barry, Emily, and Knicely. it was that or watch the dances so easy choice. :P then we all went outside to see them off. they left in a little grey Mini Cooper, (Rob's I believe,) and SOMEONE threw a handful of grapes through the open sunroof. we won't say who. but y'all can guess. it wasn't me.

at some point during the reception there was a decision made to go to an unspecified place downtown at an unspecified time with an unspecified number of people. that's literally all I know about it. ever so slightly confusing. so we drove back downtown where we went on Friday night and someone suggested we go to The Grape. bad choice. maybe it would have worked for a small group of people, and maybe if those people had actually wanted to drink wine, then MAYBE that would have been a good choice. but we had a lot of people, and not many wanted wine. and while they did have food, it was mostly cheeses and breads and things to compliment the wine. so lasted about 30 minutes and then left to go across the street to something something Grill. it was Brack and Julie, Josh, Sam, Leslie(female Will Ferrell,) and her daughter Kelsey, and myself. and of course, over the evening this group grew as well. we had a much better time here cause we could be rowdy and not feel bad. for example, at some point during the night Rob and Kat had a Walk-Off. ya know, Zoolander Style. I'm not actually sure who won that, they were both pretty good. Rob had it easier though because by the time he finished everyone from the surrounding tables was watching. so when Kat went she had half the restaurant watching.

and that's about all that happened. that I can remember. it's kinda blurry. the rest of the stuff is not stuff I can really say. after all, anyone can read this blog. oh and before I forget, a special thanks to Daniel Snyder. he knows why.

to finish this up we have a movie made by a guest director, Kelsey Jackson. she was a delight to be around and I'm glad Leslie brought her. (y'all excuse the way I act in this video, I tend to dumb myself down a bit around small children. and no jokes about my intelligence anyway. :P )


4 comments:

danieru-san said...

I loved how indignant Josh was that night because some dude thought he was a cop. To hear Josh tell the story cracked me up. Oh, and thanks for the shout out...you're welcome. You've got a place to stay in Alabama if you ever need one.

Sarah said...

haha! Kelsey's cute! like mother like daughter perhaps? :) although the dear is gonna need to work on her filming skills, i got a little nauseaus (yes i can't spell!) watching her swing that camera around!!

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you acted dumb in it........you, foolish, you. IT WAS ADORABLE!!! (errr and Kelsey was too...:P)

Anonymous said...

Aww...great times!! Just now found y'all thanks to Sarah! I had a blast with y'all. Kelsey constantly asks when y'all are coming! She also loves the video...oh and Andy thanks for "dumbing down" for my child's sake! Lol! BTW, thanks for the ferrell props! Greatest compliment ever! Later y'all!