Thursday, March 22, 2007

more sightseeing

I keep putting of posting. I hate it, but sometimes I just don't feel like writing. I'm a terrible blogger. oh well.

sunday we decided to go out sight seeing. we walked over to Ebenezer's, grabbed some drinks to keep us with energy. if you ever visit the DC area, I recommend the Mocha from Ebenezer's. I'm not a big coffee drinker, I drink plenty of it, but I'm not obsessed with it. and even then I put lots of sugar and cream in it. the Mocha needed neither. it was very good. and if you prefer something cold, the Cookies and Cream Freeze is amazing. awesome, really.

from there we walked another block to Union Station where we could see the Capitol Building. we figured it was a good place to start so we head that way.

little known fact, the statue on the top of the Capitol building is facing the wrong way. while the Capitol building, Washington Monument, and Lincoln Memorial are all in a row, the statue is in fact, facing away from them. when the Capitol building was created they got the statue up there, but by the time they noticed it was backwards it was too late.
small side note, the reason that the previous fact is little known is because sam and I made it up. there's some rumor that the statue actually faces north, but that's stupid, our version is better.

from there we went and found various pieces or art that we fun to look at. some of it can be seen in the photo album sam linked in the last blog.

I know I'm way behind on blogging and I plan to get on it. promise to try and update soon.

No comments: