Monday, April 23, 2007

We're on a mission from God...

the first person to tell me (by way of commenting,) what that quote is from gets a special prize. a prize from the trip.

and you can't use google. I'll know if you cheated. because I know which people might know this, and if my mother claims to know it, I'll know she used google. so, don't try to cheat me.



I guess I'll finish the story from NY. the last site we saw that I didn't cover was the Jello museum in Le Roy, NY. as I said before that was the location of the first jello factory, which still stands, tho they haven't made jello there in quite a while.

since pretty much all of y'all know sam, it's a good bet that most of you know blue jello. sam's a bit obsessed with it. and not really only blue. he's got a thing for all ello. so this made the museum a must-see.

the museum was actually pretty tiny. a lovely elderly lady offered to give us a little "vocal background" on jello. her speech was obviously memorized, but I didn't mind it because otherwise we'd have finished the museum in the first 15 minutes.

not a huge amount to say about the experience girl. sam took a lovely picture as the jello girl. you should prolly check that out.

and then in the basement of that, there was a transportation museum, which was basically a room with some old buggies, a couple ford cars that were ancient, like Model T ancient. and in each car they had hats and umbrella's and sometimes a cane. not quite sure why they needed the props, but it gave us something to do. we took pictures of us in the hats and meg with the umbrellas. I must say, I've always wanted a bowler hat. I think that's what it's called. the little round one. I didn't get a picture in it, but I want to own that hat.

that's the whole museum experience. and I think that covers NY well enough. so on to Pittsburgh. in another post.


by the way, I know we're behind on pictures. we'll get those up. hope to first thing tomorrow morning.

EDIT: the niagara falls pictures are up. I'll work on the rest.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

i don't know the quote. i should get a prize anyway.

Megan Elisabeth said...

haha YES the Jello girl with a beard. that quote sounds vaguely familiar. But I can't quite place it. Oh well.

Andy said...

thank you two for not cheating. I'll think about prizes.

Sarah said...

oh crap i know this...i think it's from that movie with those 2 fat comedians..dressed in suits and wearing sunglasses...what's that called again? damn my mind is totally blanking out on me. and i'm too lazy to look it up but of course that's not part of the rules anyway!

Andy said...

I'm impressed sarah

Mary-Beth said...

I know what it is...:D