Monday, May 14, 2007

First Day Of My Life

I'm just recently back from a BrightEyes concert. not my normal cup o' tea, but it's always good to try new things. anyway, reason I mention that is I'm tired of not being able to write about things as they happen. surely y'all have realized by now that we're quite behind on this blog, and all this is in the past. so I'm going to do that right thing, and bring us on back to Texas.

alright, so the lexus' story he mentioned isn't anything much. basically it was a really fun drive cause there were these young guys in 2 black lexus that were keeping an average speed of 80 and great drivers. so I just got in right behind them, and followed their lead. makes an otherwise boring trip interesting.

so now we're in chicago. which is cool. we're staying with Sarah M. and her roommates. when we got in Rachel M. had come down from north chicago to spend the evening with us, and we walked down to a little bar that had some pretty good food. I had some chili dish. it was delish. odd writing that word out. delicious=delish. I wonder if it's spelled like that. the shortened version. who knows?

so we spend a couple days with sarah. didn't leave the apartment too much. as this was the last stop before Texas, we were really getting kinda tired, and ready for a break. but meeting rachel and sarah was a blast, we had a good time in chicago. not much action, but good times anyway.

now we come up on the drive back to texas. it was supposed to be 14 hours from chicago to dallas. sam had put me in charge of the trip home, saying he'd do whatever I decided. so sweet of him....

so we started in the afternoon/evening, around 4 or so. we got out of town alright, starting with 1 hour turns, and working up to 3 hour turns. we stopped in St Louis, MO, and saw the great arch. that was pretty awesome. I would have liked more time there, I think it was about 10 or so when we got there. we took a while there, enjoyed a break. then on the way back to the highway, we were stopped at a red light and I got to witness a guy stealing hubcaps off a car. I didn't actually see him get them off, but there's no way he was just rubbing his hands on them.

then, outside of St Louis, at 11pm, we hit stopandgo traffic. they took a 3lane highway down to 1. we almost died. we were in traffic for quite a long time.

when I finally drove across the texas line, I think it was about 4am. or something like that. we got to my aunt's house in dallas about 8:30. total trip times was aprox. 17 hours on the road. I'm not sure about sam, but I didnt' nod off once. it was easy.

so in dallas, we stayed a night with my aunt, got to see my grandmother, and headed out the next day for home. I forget what day it was we hit lufkin, but all of heaven, and east texas rejoiced.

we stayed 1 week in lufkin, and then came to austin. it was awesome to see the fam, but we can't stay home forever. so, more later. don't worry, y'all are updated all the way to about a week ago. or two. :D

EDIT: also, I've updated the flickr all the way to chicago, and even St Louis on the way home. so now it contains all the pics of the trip all the way back to texas. more pics from texas soon.

2 comments:

Mary-Beth said...

yay for updating! :) fun fun...

Anonymous said...

You went to see Bright Eyes?!

That doesn't really make a difference to me, but it's the only part I read, so I thought I should comment on it :P

I went to see Chicago. Except not the same one you're talking about. Chicago on stage. It was rather good.